Pages

Look what I found today, Ma!

Look what I found today, Ma!
(Double-click on a slideshow to view full-screen)







17 August 2010

The Backpath at Fox Trail

The tall, bushy grass-leaf goldenrod (Solidago graminifolia) is going by but the flies seem to love it. Here is yellow one but I also saw a bright blue fly. and a black one with bright red eyes.This is a different goldenrod, the tall Solidago altissima (2-7')

The sweet-smelling Apios americana is also known as groundnut or wild bean. If you follow the root underground, you may find a string of little tubers which are edible. This one is climbing up the stem of a tall goldenrod.

Look at this little critter probing the spearmint. I love the smell of those leaves!
Can you see what's happening here? A white crab spider has a rusty moth in it's clutches. Gruesome.











































1 comment:

  1. I know that awesome is an overused word these days, but I can't think of a better word to describe your lovely portraits of nature.

    ReplyDelete